Potassium iodide is a specific blocker of thyroid radio-iodine uptake.
|Serving Size: 1 tablet|
|Servings Per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Potassium iodide||130 mg|
Dicalcium phosphate, microcrystaline cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, pharmaceutical glaze.
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- Potassium iodide should only be taken when instructed to do so by official health warnings.
- Do not use as an everyday supplement.
- The maximum dosage for adults is 130 mg per day.
- The following is recommended for children (can be crushed and given in liquids to children too small to swallow pills):
3–18 years: 65 mg (1/2 tablet)
1 month–3 years: 32 mg (1/4 tablet)
Birth–1 month: 16 mg (1/8 tablet)
- Importantly, potassium iodide that is not absorbed by the thyroid gland is quickly flushed from the system through urine.
Potassium iodide should not be used by people allergic to iodine.
If you have a sensitivity to iodine, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.