OptiBac ‘Bifidobacteria & fibre’ has been created especially for those seeking a high-quality natural bacteria and fibre supplement. It contains Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®, thought to be the most researched strain of the entire Bifidobacterium family, and 4g of FOS (fructooligosaccharides). Suggested for daily use, each capsule provides 5 billion live microorganisms that will survive through stomach acidity and bile salts and is guaranteed per capsule until end of expiry. OptiBac ‘Bifidobacteria & fibre’ is suitable for infants (one year+), women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and is also gluten-free for those with celiac disease or those with an intolerance.
Available in two pack sizes of 10 or 30 sachets of live cultures. Each sachet provides a count of over 5 billion natural bacteria, guaranteed to the end of expiry. All OptiBac strains are thoroughly researched and documented, so you can be confident you’re getting a high quality supplement.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Standardised culture: Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®; Fructose
- Anticaking agent: silicon dioxide
Each sachet guarantees 5 billion micro-organisms + 4g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets.
Instructions For Use
Take 1 sachet initially and up to 4 sachets per day if required, with plenty of water.
- Adults and children (one year and over): Take one sachet daily with food, preferably with breakfast when stomach acidity is at its most neutral.
- For ongoing use: one sachet will often suffice but more can be taken as desired, or as professionally instructed.
- Shake the sachet, then slowly sprinkle contents into a glass of water and vigorously swirl to dissolve fully.
- Do not use a spoon as this may cause the sachet contents to clump. Drink plenty of water with this supplement.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.